Please call +61-439793710 or email: email@example.com
Where: Depending on your interest
Workshop time: Start at 8:00 am
Price: AUD 585.-
Number of Participants: 1
Would you like to enjoy Juergens undivided attention and learn digital SLR photography on-on-one? You can choose your personal tuition from basic to landscape, macro to night sky photography and Adobe Lightroom image post processing. What ever fits into a day.
Workshops start in the beautiful Atherton Tablelands, just 90 minutes west of Cairns. The surroundings are at the edge of the Wet Tropics World Heritage area and showcase some fantastic National Park rainforests nearby. The Tablelands are about 700m to 1000m above sea level and weather here is much cooler and less humid than the coast. Here, we find upland rainforest with crystal clear creeks and extinct Maar volcanoes. We want to be on site once we’re teaching so not to waste precious tutorial time on long car rides when most scenes are just 10-30 minutes away.
We will have some indoor teaching but will try to spend as much time in nature shooting at nearby National Parks. Please be aware that we may be doing some walking on National Park tracks.
- National Park fees and permits
- Tea and coffee provided
What to bring?
- Please bring your own lunch
- Please bring your digital SLR with any lens you own. Please also bring your camera manual. The easiest way is to download a pdf version from the manufacturers website and load it onto your smart phone, computer or tablet.
- Any flash equipment you own.
- Don’t forget your memory cards, batteries and chargers.
- A sturdy tripod.
- A cable release.
- If you are planning to make a major lens or camera purchase but still have some nagging questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for advise.
How will the weather be and what clothes and general equipment to bring?
- Even though we live in the tropical part of Australia, the Tablelands can be quite chilly in winter at night. The days are really quite pleasant and we may be walking through some of the rainforest and creeks.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes.
- Please bring rain gear like a lightweight jacket or poncho. Just in case the weather turns bad.
- It’s actually a good idea to bring a small collapsible lightweight umbrella to be able to keep shooting even if it drizzles or rains. Keep this tucked in your camera backpack at all times.
- Bring a water bottle or better yet a flask or thermos for coffee or tea to bring with you.
- Insect repellant
- Hat and sunscreen.
What will we do?
- Learn all about your digital slr camera and how to get the most out of it. From manual exposure settings to various automatic settings.
- Shooting in RAW and creating images that look good.
- Landscape and rainforest photography.
- Basic digital workflow and file management.
- Basic Adobe Lightroom Techniques
* Workshop subject to changes